- January 22, 2015: Prof. Robert Wood has been elected as a member of the new ARM User Executive Committee (Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Climate Research Facility).
- January 20, 2015: "2015 Northwest Weather Workshop," Feb. 27–28.
- January 16, 2015: Prof. Cliff Mass is in the news—"Scientists react to warmest year: 2014 underscores ‘undeniable fact’ of human-caused climate change." (By Jason Samenow, Washington Post)
- January 8, 2015: Profs. Sarah Doherty, Stephen Warren, Dean Hegg and graduate students Cheng Dang and Rudong Zhang are in the news—"Epic survey finds regional patterns of soot and dirt on North American snow." (By Hannah Hickey, UW Today)
- January 7, 2015: Elizabeth Maroon and Kristen Rasmussen won Outstanding Student Paper Awards from the AGU Fall Meeting!
- December 17, 2014: Nicholas Wayand (B.S. ’10 Atmospheric Sciences; Grad Student CEE) is in the news—"Improving forecasts for rain-on-snow flooding." (By Hannah Hickey, UW Today)
- December 8, 2014: One of the Top 10 Most Read JAS Articles over the last 12 months was written by Graduate Student Ángel Adames and Prof. John M. Wallace entitled "Three-Dimensional Structure and Evolution of the MJO and Its Relation to the Mean Flow."
- November 20, 2014: Professors Cliff Mass and Mike Wallace are in the news—"Snowed under and frozen over: U.S. weather is off the rails, but why?" (By Jason Samenow, The Washington Post)
- November 18, 2014: Atmospheric Sciences Alumni Dinner at the 2015 AMS Annual Meeting—If you will be attending the AMS Annual Meeting in Phoenix, please join us for dinner. For more information or to RSVP by Dec. 5, contact email@example.com.
- November 10, 2014: Prof. David Battisti and Drs. Aaron Donohoe, Angeline Pendergrass and Kyle Armour are in the news—"Global warming not just a blanket – in the long run, it's more like tanning oil." (By Hannah Hickey, UW Today)
- October 21, 2014: Professor Cliff Mass is in the news—"Unusually Mild Start To Autumn Across Northwest." (By Tom Banse, KUOW)
- October 14, 2014: Congratulations to Prof. Christopher Bretherton! He's been elected to the UCAR Board of Trustees.
- October 14, 2014: Congratulations to Lauren Whybrew! She received a travel award from the UW Undergraduate Research Program to attend the American Association for Aerosol Research Conference.